Serves one hungry CCK or one and a half normal people. Alter the ingredient amounts, sillies.
(Or sub another grain)
- 1 and 1/2 servings oats (or other grain) (60g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a little over 1/4 tsp salt
- ½ to 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (I use ½ tsp)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice (plus extra if you cook your cereal in milk)
- Sweetener to taste (sugar, stevia, agave, etc.)
In a large Pyrex-type measuring cup, combine the flakes with about 1 and 1/2 cups liquid. Add a little salt (I use ¼ tsp plus 1/8 tsp). Microwave for 4 minutes, 30 seconds (watching so it doesn’t spill over). Leave out for around 10 minutes, then stir and put in the fridge, uncovered. It’s ok if the flakes are a bit liquidy—that’ll evaporate.
The next day, your hot cereal is ready for you to play. Mix in the vanilla, cinnamon, sweetener, and almond milk. I also add 1/8 tsp more salt. Stir. Now I like to use my hand blender, but I only do a few pulses (like 4 or 5), so the Snickerdoodle cereal will keep its magical chewy texture. If you like your cereal to be hot, you can microwave it again at this time. I actually prefer the cereal cold. Especially after a run, the coolness is very refreshing.